Compiling issue

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I tried to compile the source code, and it succeeded. However, it generates a lot of 

"Warning: An ImageFrame instance was not Disposed." and the refresh rate is very low. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you.

-ikel

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I am experiencing the same issue, except my image does not refresh at all (shows the first frame) and the window does not respond to mouse clicks.

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hello,

Sorry for delay, but I have been really busy these two weeks. If it didn't refresh it is because your cpu is not fast enough to compute 30 frames per second. The easiest option is to increase the findCenterContourJump and findCenterInsideJump variables in the KinectSettings class, but it will decrease the precision of the center of the palm. Another option is to reduce the margin, so it will reduce the number of pixels to look for the hand and fingertips.

I hope it solves your problems.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Hi frantracer,
I never considered that option. I will give it a try.
At the moment, I am using another approach. I did split the video and depth processing on separate thread, without calculating the tips, it is running very smooth. I will implement your algorithm shortly, and I am hoping this would be fast without altering your optimised settings.
Thank you for your reply.
Regards,
ikel
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 12:08 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Compiling issue [frantracerKinectFT:396732]

Hello,

Sorry for delay, but I have been really busy these two weeks. If it didn't refresh it is because your cpu is not fast enough to compute 30 frames per second. The easiest option is to increase the findCenterContourJump and findCenterInsideJump variables in the KinectSettings class, but it will decrease the precision of the center of the palm. Another option is to reduce the margin, so it will reduce the number of pixels to look for the hand and fingertips.

I hope it solves your problems.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

hi frantracer,

I manage to make your algorithm to run effectively on my i5 notebook by splitting processes into 3 separate threads, and 3 worker threads to update GUI.

-ikel

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hello Ikel.

Would be possible to ask you a sample of how you implemented these threads?  I'm also having problems with the refresh rate....

Thank you

Diogo

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Thanks the great project first , But I have the same problems .

If set margins to 30  , it can be better when hand out away center .  

-------------------------------

COM:

Inter(R)Core(TM)2 CPU   6420 @2.13GHz 2.13GHz

RAM:4.00GB  , 64 bit   

------------------------------

expect problem solve , Thanks !

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Hello to everyone,

I'm using a laptop with a i7, so it works better for me. But I have to ask you something, when the Kinect detects only your hand(s), does it work slowly? Because I know that when it tries to detect the palm in a big form, it gets slower, and I'm working on it, however with small forms (like a hand) I have no performance problems.

By the way, I hope you are not using Visual Studio to run the application, because it is much slower than executing it directly from the Release .exe

Best regards,

Fran

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Hi Frantracer,
I’d like to share my code with everyone, how should I do this? Should I pass my modifications to you or shall I create another project in codeplex with your project title?
Please advice.
I am able to run your application with Threading on i3 flawlessly with no slowdowns.
Regards,
Iwan
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 5:48 AM

Hello to everyone,

I'm using a laptop with a i7, so it works better for me. But I have to ask you something, when the Kinect detects only your hand(s), does it work slowly? Because I know that when it tries to detect the palm in a big form, it gets slower, and I'm working on it, however with small forms (like a hand) I have no performance problems.

By the way, I hope you are not using Visual Studio to run the application, because it is much slower than executing it directly from the Release .exe

Best regards,

Fran

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Hello Iwan.

Did you create a project for your implemmentation?

Please, let us know.

Thanks

Diogo

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Hi,
I am sorry for the slow reply. I’ve been very busy lately.
Yes I did. Could I simply upload it to frantracerKinectFT codeplex page?
Regards,
Iwan
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 7:08 PM

Hello Iwan.

Did you create a project for your implemmentation?

Please, let us know.

Thanks

Diogo

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Hello Iwan,

Did you share your working code? If no, Can you share it with us?

Cheers,

Mandar

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
On 19/12/2012 9:29 PM, mandarkulkarni wrote:

Hello Iwan,

Did you share your working code? If no, Can you share it with us?

Cheers,

Mandar

Hi,

I am so sorry! I've been so busy. I will send my project files to frantracer
Thank you for following up in this matter.

Regards,
Iwan